Thursday, June 7, 2012

Sex? Sex? Sex?

Baby #2's 20 Week Ultrasound

Li'l One,

GUESS WHAT?  Our due date to meet you is exactly ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!  That is so exciting and I will tell you why:  I love you... but I am going NUTS wondering if you are a boy or a girl.  I have sworn this ENTIRE pregnancy that you are a girl.  Here are the reasons why I am going to stick with this prediction:

1. I have had two dreams about you, and both of them have been that you were a girl.  The second of these two dreams was had sometime between using the restroom around 2AM and getting up at 5AM on my 31st birthday, so I think of this dream as a birthday memo from God.  Unfortunately I don't remember what the dreams were about at all... yet here is a funny story from my pregnancy with your big brother which supports the reason why I believe that dreams tell the truth:
  • I only had one dream when I was pregnant with William and he was a boy.  Granted, he didn't have a name... or if he did I still wouldn't tell my Dad what it was after driving over the Cedar Point causeway to attend his first birthday party only to deny his grandparents the right to know his name.  Weird dream, I know... just wait until I tell you about my Ronald McDonald festival and bowling dream... now that one was weird!
2. All of the ring tests have said you were a girl.  Of course your "Uncle Tim" Phillips does these and I think he influences the results, but don't tell him I told you that. In addition the ring tests (which I don't swear by, because they were wrong with William) my coworker told me about this crazy prediction test you could use to tell the gender and THAT came out as you being a girl too. 
  • Here it goes: Add the age you were when you conceived and the month you conceived in.  I was 30 and it was October (10) = 40. Odd is boy, even is girl... therefore you must be a girl. This is like Scientific PROOF!
3. Mother's Intuition... I just FEEL that you are a girl.  Shouldn't that count for something?  I knew William was a boy and he was, so I trust my gut and I will eat my words if you are a boy.


Honestly, at this point if I were to HAVE to have another ultrasound for some reason (I've already had three with you) I think I might just cave and have the tech tell me if you are a girl or a boy.  Your Daddy and I are still planning on having three kids, but I am not sure I can wait to find out the sex again after this time around.  I know I only have ONE MONTH to wonder if you are a girl or a boy... but that month seems like eternity to me right now.

Regardless of whether you are a boy or a girl, your Daddy and I love you very much and we can't wait to show you everything there is to see in this big ol'world.  If you are a boy, I hope and pray that your big brother is your best friend... and that you wear approximately the same size clothing so I don't have to get a ton of new clothes.  Hey!  Don't get upset that you are getting hand-me-downs, your big bro got all of his clothes from cousin Zachary and Zachary got a lot of those from HIS cousin... so there.  Not only are you getting hand-me-downs, you are getting hand-me-downs TIMES FOUR! 

Now... doesn't that make you want to be a girl? ;-)

* For the record - Daddy thinks you are a boy.  I had to put that out there so he can tell me, "I told you so" if he's right and I am wrong.  What's his reasoning?  I am not entirely sure.  He just always swears that he is going to have three boys since he was one of three boys.  However, I am always quick to point out that his brother Andy who has TWO kids has TWO daughters.

PREDICT THE BDAY, GENDER, DATE, WEIGHT, and LENGTH OF BABY KRUPP HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment