Friday, August 24, 2012

A Glimpse of What's to Come

Today I went to work for our Olympic School Kick Off that we've been working on every Thursday morning for a large part of the summer. This allowed me to send Landon (and William of course) to their babysitter's house for a few hours. I dropped him off at 12:30 and picked them up at 3:30, since the event was only in the afternoon. He did very well and (not surprisingly) slept almost the entire time. He only had ONE poopy diaper. That's like a record for him, but he had just had a small blow out and then another poop for me right before I dropped him off.

The event was fun and I really think the students AND staff had a genuinely great time. It was so great to see so many smiles and hear so many cheers. I truly believe this kicked our school year off in the positive way we hoped for. Now just to keep the energy going...

After the Olympics and pep rally I was surrounded with some of my former students asking about the baby and my return. I had surprised them by coming to the event and they had endless questions.

It was also very nice to see my coworkers. I work with some of the most amazing, dedicated, funny, and all around awesome people. I felt overwhelmed by all of the compliments they showered me with in regards to my family and post-baby appearance; it felt very good and was just the little boost of energy I needed!

I told one of my coworkers that while it felt strange to admit this, I enjoyed being at work because it allowed me to regain my sanity. Then we laughed knowing that as soon as school starts back up for me I'll be wanting a day at home to regain my sanity. :)

As I drove back to the babysitter's house I was overcome with two conflicting feelings: I was so glad to have been at work to be a part of the excitement, yet I was so glad to be going back home to my boys. Honestly, even as great as it was to have been there I'm not ready to be back.
Our babysitter snapped this picture of Landon in her arms.  Obviously they got along well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment